What does it do?
The main function of the application is to replace your bedside (or your current phone app) alarm clock. The beauty of Circle Alarm is in the well designed interface that incorporates several Holo elements. Specifically, the wonderful circle design, that reminds us of both Holo Compass and the excellent Timer application, is well implemented and very easy to use. And to be honest, it feels and looks much more exciting then the default number sliders in the stock Clock app.
All of the expected functionality is there (repeat options, custom rigntones, labeling of alarms), but there are also some additional options that were especially useful such as Fade in volume (a must), and the ability to flip over the phone to snooze.
The developer also calls out some highlighted features, as well via the Play store description
Circle Alarm is the most intuitive alarm clock for Android. It is simple, fast and highly functional. In addition to all the basic functionality of an alarm clock (multiple alarms, snooze, recurring alarms, vibration …) Circle Alarm offers:
– MY MUSIC : With Circle Alarm, wake up to your favorite music or ringtone (mp3, wma …).
– FLIP TO SNOOZE : When the alarm rings, you can simply flip your phone to snooze it! – INFO SNOOZE VOICE :
When you snooze an alarm, Circle Alarm says: “Next alarm in X minutes it will be X hours and X minutes.” No more need to check what time it is.
– LONG CLICK TO STOP : The alarm’s stop button reacts after a long click (that way you will never stop the alarm unintentionally).
– FADE IN VOLUME : The alarm volume increases gradually and gently wake you.
– CIRCLE TIME PICKER : With the Circle Time Picker interface, it has never been so fast and elegant to schedule an alarm.
- Use of the Action bar that properly follows the Android Design Guidelines.
- Holo icons throughout the application
- Holo Dark theme
- As mentioned the beautiful Circle Time Picker - Great use of proper design Switches - Proper use of extended layout notfications (introduced in Jelly Bean)
- A Holo Light theme would be a nice addition
- A simple clock widget that defaults to the application would be great
- An “Edit” option on the extended layout notification (Currently you only have the ability to turn off the current alarm)
- Tablet support (Note: Not compatible with Xoom or Nexus 7)
Circle Alarm is an app that is able to make setting alarms look cool, while adding some great additional functionality, all while keeping the interface simple to use. In a strong market for alarm applications, Circle Alarm stands tall. And with the added functionality that it provides all wrapped up for the awesome price of free, this is an easy app to recommend to anyone.
Holo Score: 9.7/10 “Highly Recommended”
Circle Alarm // Free (Ad-Free)